Since all my fellow bloggers seem to be in to this tagging thing... I guess I better do it to. In case you don't feel the need to snoop on other blogs...er...I mean... read other blogs, I'm supposed to blog about 7 things I'm thankful for this season. I'm going with Chris's thought in thinking we're supposed to give 7 random things other than the obvious ones like my family, my friends, and my camera. (LOL!) So here it goes...
1. I am thankful for Photoshop! L-O-V-E Photoshop. Being the complete and total control freak that I am I can fix ANYTHING with the help of my trusty sidekick. Take my dear, sweet husband's family picture. Total freaks, right?!? I mean Michael totally looks like friggin' Sloth from The Goonies. But with a little Photoshop... they look totally normal! Oops... I mean... normal. See what I mean? But seriously though. It totally helps with my business and profits and all because I can take that drool off a baby's face, or snot out of its nose, or fix the scrape from where he ran down the driveway at full speed... cus' perfect looking kids equals more pictures sold, get it??? Cha-Ching!!
2. I am thankful for OxiClean Laundry Stain Remover. (The kind that comes in the blue spray bottle with the yellow handle) This Shizz can get out ANYTHING! It has saved many, many of the kids outfits from having to be trashed. Love it. If you have not tried it... you must.
3. I am thankful for TiVo. I cannot live without it. I just can't. TiVo is one of those things that once you have it you will not be able to exist without it. I still try to rewind things I heard on the radio. It remembers things I don't and lets me watch my shows in peace. When I want to. Love it!
4. I am thankful for BK Mocha Joes. Totally not healthy... but they are soooooooo yummy. And don't get the McDonalds Iced Coffee and think it is the same thing, because sista'... it just ain't!!!
5. I am thankful for my Hip Panda Baby Carrier. Wyatt is so clingy and wants to be carried everywhere and this has been such a blessing. If you are forced to carry a 24 pound baby on a 2 hour shopping trip to Wal-Mart I've found that this is the best way to do it.
6. I am thankful for my Day Planner. Without it my life just might cease to exist. I am one of those people who has to write down EVERYTHING or it is totally forgotten. It is so wonderful! It has a calendar with tons of lined spaces to keep track the kids activities, appointments, photography sittings, etc. AND a notepad for my lists (all 43,000 of them) I really would be lost without it.
7. Last but not least, I am thankful that my cat warns me before he pukes on my carpet. No, really... he does!! Now weather or not I can get to him before he does or not is another issue completely. But really folks, if there's one thing I hate doing it's cleaning anything off the carpet... especially that! Seriously though, he really does let me know. He rarely makes a sound on a daily basis, but right before he tosses his 'Friskies' he makes this strange 'meow sound thingy' for about 30 seconds... not gagging... just a long meow. You'd just have to hear it... it's totally unmistakable, even when it jolts you from a dead sleep at 3:00 in the morning. I can usually get to him and throw him outside just in time. Thanks again for the heads up, Turner.
O.k., that was fun. I realize that most of the things I was thankful for were merely possessions. All of course except #7... LOL! It was actually really hard to come up with things other than the usuals... family, health, home, sending your kid to preschool for a few hours of peace, (how do you do it, Katie?) etc, etc. that you are grateful for. It was kinda neat to think about the little things you just couldn't live without.