Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Prayer Request...

Hey everyone. Well, I didn't make my goal of 5 blogs in 5 days. Worse things can and will happen I guess. I wish I could redeem myself with a funny or lighthearted blog, but tonight I need to ask a favor of all my blogging friends out there.

As most of you know, my dad had a heart attack when Wyatt was only two weeks old. Since that time, he has four stints put in to try to correct the problem. Unfortunately, the problems have persisted to spite of the doctors efforts.

Tonight, when Allie and I returned home from Cubbies, Michael told me that my dad had been taken to the hospital and was showing signs of a second heart attack. To put it mildly... I am a bit beside myself right now and I would really appreciate any and all prayers that you might be able to lift up for him. This has truly been a tough week as he also learned that a place on his skin he had biopsied last week showed cancerous cells. His surgery was supposed to be this Friday.

Anyway... it has been a long and exhausting week. Please remember my dad and my mom tonight in your prayers. I ask that you join with us in praying for his complete and total healing both from the heart problems and the skin cancer. I believe that God is an awesome God who had power over all things. Please keep my family, especially my dad Gil, in your prayers tonight. Thanks everyone.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I will definitely be lifting your family up in my prayers. You will be in my thoughts Caron. I know that it is hard to watch someone you love be sick and even harder when it is a parent.

Know that we will all be praying for your dad and your whole family Caron. God Bless!

Andrea said...

I'll be storming heaving with prayers tonight. Please keep us posted.

Angela said...

I will definetely remember your family. Please keep us posted on his progress.

Chris said...

Oh Caron, I'm praying for your family and most importantly that your dad will be just fine. Keep us posted and remember that we're all praying and thinking of you all right now!

Heather said...

Will do! Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

my heart and prayers go out to you and your father, Caron.

all my love and best wishes for a full recovery.