Friday, May 16, 2008

Update...

Hey everyone! I thought I'd give you an update on Dad. First of all I wanted to thank each and every one of you who prayed for my father's healing. Your prayers were truly felt within my family and brought us all comfort during this stressful and frightening time.

God truly was looking out for my dad and I know he answered our prayers as the doctors do not think he had a second heart attack. His enzyme tests, ultrasounds, and x-rays were all negative so that is some AWESOME news. He is, however still in the hospital and is undergoing more tests to find out what has been going on for the last sixteen months.

He is currently taking a stress test (this is Friday 8:15 a.m.) which includes injecting him with dye to watch his heart function on monitors while he exercises on a treadmill. I ask you once again to join with me in praying that the doctors find NO BLOCKAGES or any other potential problems with his heart. The next tests would be heart catheterization and eventually open-heart surgery so we praying to avoid that.

I truly believe that God has preformed a miracle on my dad as he displayed every sign of a heart attack when he entered the hospital but left the doctors in amazement as they could not find any trace that he had actually experienced one. This news is such a blessing to us all as this means there has been no further damage to his heart.

That is all I know for now. Please continue to keep Him in your thoughts and prayers... and thank you again for your kind words. I know I am truly 'blessed' to have such wonderful friends!

Caron

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is some good news, Caron!

I continue to keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a great weekend! :)

Bethany said...

Caron, I've been a bit behind on blogging, so I'm just now reading of your dad's condition. I'll certainly be praying for him, his health, and the doctors who are caring for him. Keep us posted. It wasn't that long ago that were were in the same boat with my mom - and we made it through. God can and will do amazing things.

Andrea said...

Praise God! That is wonderful news.